Sponsors & Donations
Andrew Keyes - Derby Photography
Jessica McAndrew - Shutterfly Effects
Corinne Ryan Photography
Why Become A Sponsor?
Penn Jersey Roller Derby is dedicated to providing the men and women of the Greater Philadelphia region with the training to develop their athletic potential and love of the game in a fun, supportive community. We are the region's only skater owned and operated co-ed league, and we strive to maintain the proud legacy of old-school roller derby with our high-action, unscripted games on both flat and banked tracks.
Why sponsor us?
Penn Jersey Roller Derby (PJRD) was the first to bring roller derby back to the Philadelphia region after almost 30 years in 2005. We offer high impact, action packed monthly home games. Our travel games take us all over the country. We are completely skater owned and operated. And as a growing organization with a constant influx of new skaters and spectators, PJRD:
- Plays a minimum of 12 games with advertising opportunities each year.
- Has more than 6,500 likes on Facebook, 2200 followers on Twitter, and 650 followers on Instagram as of Jan. 2015.
- Receives approximately 1,000 website hits per month or 10,983 hits per year. Approximately 56% are new visitors and 44% are returning visitors.
- Has widespread media exposure and is host to multiple events throughout the year.
Penn Jersey Roller Derby Local Audience Statistics*
- 52% of fans identified as single and 48% as married, having a domestic partner, or living with a partner. A third of PJRD fans earn household incomes of $75,000 or more.
- The majority of PJRD fans (approximately 40%) are between the ages of 25 and 34.
- Roller derby is a sport that reaches across the gender divide. There is an almost even mix of male and female spectators, with 44% identifying as male and 55% identifying as female.
- PJRD has a diverse population of fans that attend games from a wide range of zip codes. A little more than 20% of fans identify as LGBTQ.
- 40% or more of fans have expressed particular interest in companies offering tattoos, gym memberships, massage, local food/co-ops, local music, or the arts.
National Roller Derby Audience Statistics
- A third (33%) of fans have household income of at least $75,000 per year.
- 82% of fans know the businesses that support their local roller derby league, and 75% of all fans have patronized businesses that sponsor their local league.
Penn Jersey Roller Derby Skater Statistics
- Approximately a third of skaters have household income of at least $75,000 per year.
- Skaters are dedicated to high quality gear. 24% of skaters spent $500 or more on skates or skate related equipment in 2012.
- 71% of skaters frequented PJRD after-party venues after most or every game.
- 62% of skaters are between 25 and 34 years old.
- 24% of skaters have children living in their household.
- PJRD skaters are diverse and involved in the Philadelphia LGBTQ community, with 19% of skaters identifying as LGBTQ.
* Survey statistics obtained via game-day surveys for a 6 month period between December 2012 and May 2013.
Interested in Becoming A Sponsor?
We thank you for your interest in becoming a sponsor. We offer a series a media placements on this site as well as at our events. We also accept donations in the form of your services to the league. Please fill out your contact information below and we will contact you.